Parking, Pick-Up, Drop-Off
Hybrid Drop-off/Pick-up Procedures
- Entrances to the building will open at 7:40 a.m. Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. The entrances will open at 8:55 a.m. on Wednesdays.
- Parents will enter East Elementary from the SE 3rd Street drive on the south side of the building.
- Parents will head west and north and follow the perimeter of the parking lot, dropping students at the drop-off zone. The drop off zone for K-1 students will be on the south side of the parking lot. The drop-off zone will be on the west side of the parking lot for 2nd-5th grade students and parents will then exit via the west driveway onto SE Trilein Drive.
- K-1 car riders and walkers will enter the W-12 entrance on the west side of the building. 2nd-5th car riders and walkers will enter the W-1 entrance (main entrance). Bus riders and students eating breakfast will enter the W2 entrance adjacent to the cafeteria.
- Students can exit the vehicle at any point when in the designated drop-off areas for K-1 and 2-5. Please stay in a single file line while in all areas of the parking lot.
- Please have your child ready to exit the vehicle (on the passenger side) when reaching the drop off area to ensure the safety of students. Drivers of K-5 students should not exit the vehicle while in the drop-off and pick-up lanes.
- All students will be directed to their classrooms until the start of the school day (they will not enter the gym in the morning.
- Do not leave your vehicle unattended unless you park in a designated parking spot for parents.
Students Riding The Bus
- Students riding the school bus and commercial daycare buses will enter through the W-2 entrance on the west side of the building.
- The school bus and commercial daycare bus drop-off and pick-up zones are between the west and northwest driveways, entering and exiting onto SE Trilein Drive.
- Parents of K-5 students are to refrain from using this entrance/exit.
Students Riding Their Bikes to School
- Students riding a bike to school may park in the bike racks and enter the above mentioned entrances based on their grade level.
- Students should park bicycles on the west side of the building in the designated bike rack area.
- Students riding their bikes from the east/northeast will walk their bike on the sidewalk. These students should never cross the 3rd street driveway entrance. Please keep in mind that students in 3rd, 4th, and 5th grades may ride bikes to school.
- K-1 students picked up by car (excluding bus and commercial day care riders) or who will be walking home will exit the school from the east doors with their teacher and will stand on the sidewalk/grass area on the south side of the parking lot. Older siblings will meet their K-1 sibling in this area as well.
- 2nd-5th students picked up by car (excluding bus and commercial day care riders) or who will be walking home will exit from one of the west side entrances with their teacher and will stand on the sidewalk/grass area on the west side of the parking lot.
- If you are picking your child up by car, please do not park and get out of your car to meet your child.
- Parents walking to pick up children should wait outside the designated pick-up areas and social distance. We would request that you wear a mask while on campus.
- Students are not allowed to walk through the parking lot unattended.
- Students needing to walk across the parking lot should wait for the crossing attendant’s signal before crossing.
Student safety is our priority. Our student day concludes at 2:55 p.m. Thank you, in advance, for your patience. Should your dismissal plans change, please inform your child’s teacher (or main office) prior to 2:00 p.m.
- During the school day, school buses will be on or near school grounds.
- Please yield to school vehicles by allowing them to enter/exit.