Parking, Pick-Up, Drop-Off
- Entrances to the building will open at 7:30 a.m. Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. The entrances will open at 8:30 a.m. on Wednesdays.
- Parents will enter East Elementary parking lot from SE 3rd Street on the south side of the building.
- Parents will head west and then north and follow the perimeter of the parking lot, dropping all K-5 students off at the single identified drop-off zone. Parents will then exit via the west driveway onto SE Trilein Drive.
- All K-5 car riders and walkers will enter the main entrance (W1) on the west side of the building.
- All K-5 school bus riders, daycare bus riders and students eating breakfast will enter the W2 entrance adjacent to the cafeteria.
- Students can exit the vehicle at any point when in the designated drop-off areas. Please stay in a single file line while in all areas of the parking lot.
- Please have your child ready to exit the vehicle (on the passenger side) when reaching the drop off area to ensure the safety of students. Drivers of K-5 students should not exit the vehicle while in the drop-off/pick-up lane.
- Students arriving before 7:40 will go to the gym until 7:40. Students entering after 7:40 will go directly to their classrooms (unless they go to breakfast).
- Do not leave your vehicle unattended unless you park in a designated parking spot for parents.
Students Walking to/from School Directions:
- For students walking to/from a residence North of 1st Street there will be a crossing guard placed at E 1st Street/SE Trilein Drive to cover the south and east sides of the intersection.
- For students walking to/from a residence South of 1st street and West of SE Trilein Drive there will be a crossing guard placed at SE 2nd Street/SE Trilein Drive.
- For students walking to/from a residence South of 1st street and East of SE Trilein Drive, please utilize current sidewalk paths.
Students Riding Their Bikes to School
- Students riding a bike to school may park in the bike racks and enter the above mentioned entrances.
- K-5 students picked up by car or who will be walking home will exit the school from one of two exits on the west side of the building adjacent to the pick-up/drop-off zone with their teacher and will stand on the sidewalk/grass area on the east side of the parking lot adjacent to the pick-up/drop-off lane.
- If you are picking your child up by car, please do not park and get out of your car to meet your child unless you pull into a designated parking spot.
- Students and parents needing to walk across the parking lot should wait for the crossing attendant’s signal before crossing.
- Student safety is our priority. Our student day concludes at 2:55 p.m. Thank you, in advance, for your patience. Should your dismissal plans change, please inform your child’s teacher (or main office) prior to 2:00 p.m.
- During the school day, school buses will be on or near school grounds.
- Please yield to school vehicles by allowing them to enter/exit.